Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So after much convincing myself starting my healthy eating could start tomorrow, and then tomorrow, and then tomorrow, i've finally sat myself down and sorted myself out.  I worked out how much weight I've put on and when I saw how much it took off my total weight loss I was disappointed in myself.  I weight from triple figures to just double, not by that many, but enough to make me sit up and think what the fudge am I doing to myself.

So from now, right this minute, I am sitting down online and collecting recipes and re-reading through all the slimming world information I had before so that I can get back on the wagon so to speak.  I enjoyed cooking my own meals and making up recipes, I felt healthier when I was eating 'good' food and cooking my own meals, but the most important thing was I felt confident.  I would say in the last 2 weeks I have really lost my confidence again, and I feel fat and ugly.  I know a lot of people feel like that but I actually went through a time where I felt good about myself so I am aiming to get back to that feeling as I know it feels good.

I've joined a weight loss motivation thread online and it is exactly 11 weeks until my last 'weigh in' before Christmas, I've set myself a target to lose 2lbs a week during this time which means a weight loss of about a stone and a half before Christmas which I will feel happy about.  Of course anything more than this is also good but I just do not want to put anymore weight on, it's not a good feeling.  There is no way in hell that I am going back to my weight that I was, I never want to be that person ever again.

I think this time round I'm going to do more red days on slimming world as I think pasta/rice/bread is my downfall, I bloat terribly when I eat carbs and I think this is what's making me feel bloated recently.  Red days means mainly meat and salad/vegetables with no carbs really.  I've never really been much of a meat fan but I'm going to give it a go, tonight I think I'm going to get extra lean mince beef and make some kind of bolognaise to have with roasted veggies, or make some meatballs or something, I haven't quite decided yet.  I like this kind of weather purely to eat wintery food such as soup etc.

Right, time to continue looking online at recipes and motivation, expect more posts in here more often with updates :)

No comments: